Saturday, October 24, 2009

CIP

Giving out flyers informing residents of a recycling drive... wonderful way to spend a nice boring Saturday don't you think? Well, I wouldn't think say that it was TOTALLY boring but I couldn't say it was too interesting either.

Well, one thing about the flats in Lavender, they were OLD. And I mean very old. I would launch into a full page of nonsensical describing crap but I bet none of you would want that would you?

Also, a lot of the units were confiscated units. No joke, they all had letters from the HDB pasted on them. The entire flat was very old and... I would say eerie. MAN, some of the units had RED paint splattered over their doors and for some reason, one unit had GREEN paint. Wonder why.

And I wouldn't say that the residents there were friendly. Most opened the door, saw us in our uniform and "WHAM" goes the door as it slammed in our face. Oh, it was so nice to meet the oh-so-friendly residents in Lavender.

Dogs. Another irritating animal to encounter when you try to go door-to-door and try to introduce yourself and talk about a flyer. Usually, you knock the door, and a dog comes barking like it was...well..barking mad. Soon all of the neighbours on the level would look at you like you were trying to break into the house. Kinda embarrassing actually when they look at you so awkwardly. What I really dislike are the units with open doors and a dog. Had a dog bark into your ear before? Well, I have and that was when I really realised how loud they can be...

Well, I thought my experiences were bad. I encountered dogs and the like. My other friends encountered nutters.

I thought a simple way to shut out people like us (the so-called flyer-givers) would be to slam the door in their face. Apparently, they met a guy who tried talking to the wall to chase them away. Wow, not bad really. He just kept talking and ranting AND screaming at the wall as if he was angry at someone who was well, the colour of the background. Really, was that necessary just to chase someone away?



No comments:

Post a Comment