Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How do you who your friends are?

Firstly, let us all ask ourselves, what is friendship? What are true and fake friends?

Well, Friendship is a special bond between two or more people. It is a bond that we are able to treasure and cherish. Friends take care of each other when in trouble. Friends are usually people who share common goals and interests, and care about each other's mental growth. A friend usually wants you to be sucessful in life.

It can take many forms, from helping out your friend when he is having trouble to "borrowing" homework from each other (not to mention occasionally playing tricks on each other).

However, even friendship is split into two parts: True and Fake friends. Like I said before, a true friend would want to see how you progress in life, and wants you to be successful in life. A true friend would want tohelp each other out of the goodness of his or her heart. Even if you exceed him in terms of success, instead of mourning over how unsuccessful he or she is, a true friend would congratulate and encourage you to do even better (they mean it). A true friend would not pout and throw a fit just because you got higher marks than he did in a science test.
No, a true friend does none of that. A true friend would try his or her best to help you despite the difficulty. Basically, a tru friend puts you before himself.

Compared to true friends, fake friends differ by quite a lot. Fake friends are people who stick with you and become your "friend" only till you no longer any use to him. Either that, or you just gained some temporary popularity. A fake friend would try to help you unless it does not benefit him or her. He would not stiick around and share the blame with you. For example you rammed a soccer ball and it toppled and broke a few flowerpots, he would not stick around and share the blame, even if he did cause part of it. All you would see him do is run for his life. Heartless huh?

Speaking of true friends, I have one friend who really cared for me. When I injured my ankle, he did not just turn away and ask me to get up myself. Instead he went up to me and helped me up. Whenever I had problems with my homework, he would never hesitate to help and teach me the best he can. We cared for each other a lot, and went through a lot together. That was my most true and best friend I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment