Tuesday, June 30, 2009

E-learning lesson 3...

Well, I was supposed to be posting this on wikispaces but unfortunately, I forgot to request membership with the wikimaster... so I would be posting it here...

The Son is in Secondary School by Affran Sa’at
My badge has a Latin motto
Hope for the future
The future is hope
Or something

At times black crows try to interrupt
When we sing the National Anthem

It is difficult to maintain
The whiteness of my shoes
Especially on Wednesdays

I must admit there is something quite special
About the bare thighs of hardworking scouts

The Malay chauffeurs
Who wait for my schoolmates
Sit on the car park kerb
Telling jokes to one another

Seven to the power of five is unreasonable

On Chinese New Year
Mrs Lee dressed up
In a sarong kebaya
And sang Bengawan Solo

The capital of Singapore is Singapore

My best friend did a heroic thing once
Shaded all A’s
For his Chinese Language
Multiple-choice paper

In our annual yearbook
There is a photograph of me
Pushing a wheelchair and smiling
They caught me
At the exact moment
When my eyes were actually closed



Well, I was supposed to read and analyse the poem and then respond to the question: Think back on our days in primary school. Do you share the same sentiments? What were your memories of those days? Write a poem of no less than 2 stanzas of your days in primary school.


So here it is:

Homework homework
everyday.
It's all about work,
All work no play.

Scolded by teachers,
reprimanded in class,
I do so hope,
it never lasts.

Exams are the worst of all,
torturing us to the core.
Study hard or you will fall,
your teachers will give your parents a call...



I know it ain't very good, but at least I tried...

No comments:

Post a Comment